Saturday, November 6, 2010

Blueberry Muffins :)

Alright! I have found the perfect recipe for blueberry muffins! It is wonderful and it has a special ingredient... which is actually one of the staple ingredients in my kitchen, so that could be why I love it so much! However, I made three dozen last night and by this afternoon they were all gone through Alumni breakfast for homecoming and people eating them on our homecoming float! No, I did not buy them at a bakery. I made them (yes, me) from scratch and I am so excited to share the recipe with you. :)

Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sour cream
3 cups blueberries = 1 lb.
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

The recipe that I tweaked to create this recipe said this would make 2 dozen. However, I made three dozen regular medium sized muffins. :) Splendid.

First, beat the eggs and add the sugar to the eggs while beating. Then add the oil and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, spices, salt, and baking soda). Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and add the sour cream. Then, just fold in the blueberries (I mentioned the art of folding in an earlier recipe). I just bought 1 lb of frozen blueberries at Aldi's for 2.99. No need to thaw, just throw in! It is that easy folks. :) Then, I drizzled some brown sugar on top before I put it in the oven. This is kind of the best part and turns it into a bakery-quality muffin!



Bake in the preheated oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. They will be done. :) So, yes I have one muffin pan, so I cooked 3 dozen in 1 hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment