Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Zucchini Bread or Zucchini Loaf?

The next recipe is pretty much amazing! :) So, I really wanted to make some Zucchini bread for someone special for their birthday. So, I first had to invest in a loaf pan. It was $5 at the supermarket! This is not a bad price considering the disposable ones were almost just as expensive. Every kitchen purchase is an investment. At least that is how I am justifying my purchases. :) Speaking of purchases, I also had to buy a grater to grate the zucchini. So, I purchased one at Ross for like $3. This is not a bad price considering it is Kitchen Aid and PURPLE! Yes, nothing will match, but who cares it will make me cheerful and happy whenever I see it.

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream
chopped walnuts (optional)

First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. You will need two loaf pans for this recipe. If you remember from above, I only purchased one. So, I also used a small square cake pan to cook the other half in. This was actually perfect because I had loaves of zucchini bread and small brownie-like pieces of zucchini bread.

Beat together the eggs, sugar, and oil. Blend in the grated zucchini and then the sour cream. At the end, mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Then, stir in the chocolate chips. Once the ingredients are blended together in a batter-like mixture pour half into a loaf pan and the other half in the cake pan, or honestly whatever baking ware you have available.

Bake for 80 minutes. For those of you who are bad at math... this is 1 hour and 20 minutes. However, check it a few minutes before, because every oven is different. Do the toothpick test! It is so fun. :)

I made one pan with chopped walnuts and one without. It is totally your preference.

ENJOY! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment