Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fun, Festive, Fajita Friday!

So, some of you may be wondering when someone with a schedule like mine has time to cook? Well, the answer is quite simple. I am not up on the new YOUTUBE videos. I did not know there was a three year old girl who cried over Justin Bieber until months after it happened. I was so out of the loop. Anyway, I also don't watch T.V. anymore, which could be a good or bad thing. However, I relieve stress, create masterpieces, and fill my stomach all at the same time. You should try it. :)

So, many Friday nights ago I decided to have Fajitas. :) I don't know if I can really call this cooking? I mean it was more like preparing food and putting them in dishes. However, it was delicious, easy, and precious! So, I figured that everyone and their sister would want to start having Fajita night! I am! Do it! :)

Ingredients:
Flour Torillas
1 Orange Pepper
1 Red Pepper
Grilled Chicken Breast strips
Chopped onion
Salsa

Various toppings:
Shredded cheese
Olives
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Sour Cream
Queso 
Have some tortilla chips on the side and have a party. :)

Directions: I must forewarn you that there is no measuring done in this recipe. Put in as much as you like and leave as much as you like out, that is what cooking is all about. Dump a couple of handfuls of frozen chicken breast strips into a skillet and add some Worcestershire sauce. In another skillet, pour in some olive oil and sauté your chopped peppers and onions. I chop the onions, but cut the peppers in strips (just cause that is the way they do it on T.V.) :) Once the veggies are sautéed and the chicken is soft and heated, mix the two together and add salsa to the skillet. Stir and serve! :) It is that easy folks. Top with all your favorites and enjoy a night of fajitas and fun!!

You can even place all the food on the coffee table and have a movie night with your fajitas. :) We are getting fancy folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment