Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip!

I may have stated that "Cheesy Potato Casserole" is my favorite, but "Buffalo Chicken Dip" is right up there with it! :) First, I have a confession to make! I am a BUFFALO LOVER No, I do not live home home on the range, but I love buffalo flavored dishes. I love buffalo sauce, buffalo wild wings, and of course the new "Blazin' Buffalo Pringles." If you haven't tried them, they taste like BWW in a chip! It is actually kind of impressive.

There are so many ways to make this recipe. You could use real chicken, put it in the oven and all that jazz. However, this is simple (great for parties) and you can use the stove or crock pot. 

Ingredients:
3 cans of chicken (10 oz)
2 boxes of cream cheese (8 oz)
3/4 cup buffalo sauce (Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce is the best)
1/4 cup ranch dressing (some may prefer Blue Cheese)
1 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1 bag)
Seasoning (I shake a little in here and there) 


First, open all the cans of chicken and put them in a pot/skillet on the stove or the crock pot. Then, add the Frank's Buffalo Sauce. Cover all the chicken with the sauce. Then, add the softened cream cheese. You may want to microwave some of the cream cheese in another bowl before hand to make it easier to stir in. (Do not put the cream cheese in the microwave in the foil... you may see sparks and your garbage disposal may start going off if connected to the same outlet... hmmm maybe I know from experience). Then add the shredded cheese. Keep stirring until the cheese is completely melted, then add the ranch dressing. You may want to add more/less ranch and buffalo sauce depending on how hot your want your dip. The ratios given are for a little zest, but not too blazin'. Remove from the stove and enjoy! :)


You can eat it with tortilla chips or Fritos. Again, I think these are great with Frito Scoops! You can also eat with with celery sticks. I dare you to make some for your next holiday party. 



1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for this recipe. Now, thanks to you, I have it in time for the Super Bowl!
    Thanks!
    Christiana Horn

    ReplyDelete